Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Whole Wheat Crepes: Recipe Review

We tried my friend's Whole Wheat Crepe recipe tonight. All-in-all, I thought it was delicious. Mine did not turn out nearly as beautiful as hers, but she is a photographer.

Whole Wheat Crepes
>3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. water
1 c. flour (I used about 2/3 wheat flour, 1/3 white flour)
2 tbs butter, melted
3 eggs
pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour, if you have the time. The batter is very thin. Pour on a buttered crepe pan if you have one, if not, any flattish non-stick will do. Tilt the pan from side to side in a circular motion so the batter thinly covers the bottom of the pan. Flip it when light brown.

I diced up chicken and asparagus, and sauted those in a little oil. Added some store-bought pesto and alfredo sauce for some "creaminess". It was so delicious. My son ate his crepe ala-carte with the filling on the side. Then, we had leftover batter which we used for DESSERT CREPES. I put out Nutella, sliced strawberries and whipped cream. It was a "make your own dessert" night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails