Friday, April 25, 2008

This Week's New Recipes Review

We tried 3 new recipes this week, and didn't get to one other.

Robyn's Meatloaf
original recipe here
Other than cutting the recipe in half, I followed the preparation exactly. Then, I divided the meat mixture into sixths, rolled it in balls and put them into a muffin tin. I baked my "meatloaf muffins" at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Much faster than the called for hour and 15 minutes! We really liked this recipe, but I would recommend doubling the ketchup mixture so that you have some to serve with it. Our family likes to dip!

Chicken Tostadas
original recipe here
This one is pretty straight forward, you do what you like. I used handmade tortillas from Trader Joe's. I sprinkled the tortillas with shredded cheese, and stuck them under the broiler for a few minutes. Then, we layered refried black beans, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa. I used Safeway brand Salsa Verde and it was a little spicy. It still tasted good, but it was a little spicy.

Shells & Veggies Soup
I followed this recipe but, also add 1 can of Great Northern/White beans (drained and rinsed) to the soup. When doing it again, I will cook the pasta separately and have some extra chicken broth on hand (although we may not need it if the pasta isn't absorbing cooking liquid). And, as usual, my husband said that he would like to have had some kind of MEAT in the soup.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails