Saturday, April 5, 2008

This Week's New Recipes Review

Well, we tried two new recipes this week. And, overall, they were pretty good. With some slight alterations to fit our taste, they could be great!

Cheesy Baked Mexi-Rigatoni
original recipe here
This was a great recipe. I swapped out an orange bell pepper for the 2 Anaheim peppers. (Mostly, because the grocer forgot to deliver them to me). I also felt like there was a lot of pasta, and I would have liked it a little "saucier". So next time, I will be cutting the pasta down to 1/2 -3/4 of a pound instead.

Creamy Pasta Primavera
original recipe here
We really like the flavor of this recipe, but my husband wanted it to have more sauce. (I guess, we like saucy pasta). I would try doubling the chicken broth and the cream cheese. I would also add a little more italian dressing at the end to "flavor-up" the sauce. I shook extra parmesan cheese on top of my individual servings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails