Saturday, May 17, 2008

This Week's New Recipe's Review

Ham, Cheese and Asparagus Mac with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
original recipe here
Macaroni: I cut the recipe in half for my family. And, other than peeling the asaparagus (a tip I learned from Food Network to get the asaparagus to cook evenly), I followed the recipe exactly. Oh yeah, I also went a little "shy" on the hot sauce. We really liked the flavor, and the combo of the ham and asaparagus was great. My two year-old ate it (with a toothpick) without complaints!
Salad: This was a little bit of a twist on vinegar-cucumbers, which I don't ever make. But, we like it non the less, and it would be great for a summer picnic. But, if you don't like the taste of vinegar, I would not reccommend it.

Joe's Molten Marshmallow-Chocolate Cakes
original recipe here
Followed the recipe exactly; but forgot to set the timer while baking, so I had to guesstimate. This is a supper easy, impressive dessert that I would reccommend for company. I am going to try reheating our leftovers tonight to see if the marshmallow goes molten again.

Ginger-Peanut Chicken-Salad Wraps
original recipe here
Cut the recipe in half. The peanut sauce had great flavor, with just a little kick. The cilantro was the perfect thing to cool the chicken mixture a little. We really liked this one, and will definitely repeat it. My husband even said that it would make a good leftover lunch, and since the chicken mixture could easily be served cold - I think he is right!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails