Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Morning Cinnamon Rolls

This is an incredible recipe for cinnamon rolls, it is probably my favorite. It is from a woman in the ward I grew up in. I, also, love it because you can do it all at once - there isn't a huge amount of time for rising involved.

Quick Cinnamon Rolls
6 Tbsp yeast
3 C water
1 C sugar
oil
Mix together, and let sit for 15 minutes.
3 eggs
10 1/2 C flour
Mix together. Roll out immediately. Spread with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. (If you add brown sugar, you will get a more "caramelly" filling.) Slice 1-1 1/2 inches thick. Place on a greased baking sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Spread with icing, and serve.

I make a half-batch for my family on Sunday mornings, and bake them in a metal 9x13 inch pan. I like to use a cream cheese frosting on my cinnamon rolls.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails