Saturday, August 30, 2008

This Week's New Recipe Reviews

Tortiglioni Florentine in a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce with Frizzled Prosciutto
original recipe here
We tried this recipe using penne pasta instead of the tortiglioni. I was going to cut the recipe in half since it was the first time through, but my husband convinced me to make a full recipe so as to have leftovers for lunches. Well, bad idea. He decided that he didn't like the "blue cheese" flavor to the sauce. In fact, he didn't even finish one serving. And, to be honest, it was a little over powering. So, in an effort to maintain meals that everyone will eat, we will not be making this one again. But, if you LOVE blue cheese, go for it!

Creamy Orzo
original recipe here
I did cut this recipe in half, especially since it was myself and a toddler sharing it. It is originally from a show about cooking with your kids, so I hoped that it would be a crowd pleaser. And, it was. It needed more salt than I added, but that could be accomplished through adding more parmesan cheese. My toddler picked the PEAS out of it to eat first! We will definitely repeat, maybe as a side dish even.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails