Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"The Taste of Summer in the Winter"

A whole little row of those "beautys" is lining my kitchen counter. I can't wait to flip them over tomorrow and see if it worked. I tried the Cooked Jam recipe for the first time today. My mom always does Freezer Jam, so that is what I have done in the past. But, with freezer space at a minimum these days, I decided to try the Cooked Jam this time.

I had the berries frozen. So, I just whipped them out, defrosted, and "wha-la" - JAM!!! Like I said, we'll see if they seal. Wish us luck, or I will have a lot of jam in my refrigerator.

And, check this out. I was so excited when I found it. I'm seriously considering signing Andrew up for a class, since he loves to "mix" and help me in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Oh, jam does make it feel like summer! Hey, we had the nachos you posted last night. We did it with the "Baked Tostitos Scoops" So Yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails