Thursday, March 6, 2008

"Healthy" Treat

When I was pregnant with Andrew, I made the comment to some ladies in my ward that I thought I ate so much better when I was pregnant. They laughed at me. But it is true. When I'm pregnant my body just does not handle sugar well. It flat out makes me ill.
So here is a recipe for my new favorite treat. The recipe makes four servings, but it is really easy to cut down for one!

Very Berry Smoothie
2 C orange juice
1 C low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 small ripe bananas
1 C berries (fresh or frozen) - strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries

Blend together until smooth.

And check this out: 168 cal, 1 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein

I like to add three ice cubes to my single-serving version. You could also add vanilla protein powder to this and have a yummy breakfast. I usually end up sharing mine with Andrew, because you can't eat in front of a two-year-old with out sharing. He says, "Mom, that's so yum!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails