Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chicken & Pasta Salad

This recipe first came from my cousin Erin's wedding. However, I had lunch with a dear friend from our old ward this last week, and she made it. Major pregnancy craving solved! I think I ate 3 servings of it. Yum-o! My husband is blaming my "pregnancy cravings" for a lot of our meals lately. Oh well. He can choose what we eat after the baby comes, when he'll be doing the cooking!

Chicken Pasta Salad (serves 15)
1 lb pasta
1/4 C green onions, chopped
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
2 large cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 C celery, chopped
2 C red grapes, cut in half
1 large can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 can cashews
1 C bottler coleslaw dressing
1 C mayonnaise (or plain yogurt)
salt, to taste

Mix coleslaw dressing, mayo and salt together. Set aside. Mix all other ingredients (except cashews) together and stir to combine. Toss with dressing to coat. Chill in the refrigerator or serve immediately. Add cashews just before serving.

Ok, you'll have to cut it down to "family-size" yourself. My brain just can't do that today, sorry!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails