Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Pizza Crust Recipe

{Basic Pizza Dough}
(Half Recipe)
3 C hot tap water
2 T honey
3 C whole wheat flour
Mix to a paste, and add:
1 T SAF instant yeast
1 T real salt
Add flour 1 C at a time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Knead for 5 minutes - all white flour
8 minutes - half/half
10 minutes - all wheat flour
During the last 2 minutes of kneading, add:
1 T dough enhancer

Preheat a pizza stone to 500 degrees. Roll crust to desired shape and size. Add favorite toppings. Bake for 7-8 minutes on stone. (Without a stone, it will take longer for the dough to bake through, probably 12-14 minutes.)

***This recipe makes 3-4 full size pizza crusts. I like my pizza crust thinner, so I cut the yeast about in half. Also, I normally cut the "half recipe" in half for my family, divide it in half and get 2 pizzas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails