Saturday, October 25, 2008

This Week's New Recipe Reviews

Polenta with Cauliflower
original recipe here
I was so excited about this recipe. My husband wouldn't even eat it, and apparently the toddler had a few bites. I had a meeting and ate it reheated later. I would have to agree that it wasn't as good as it sounded. Since nobody else was "digging in," I figure we won't be making it again.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes
original recipe here
Okay, so I didn't cook the chicken myself. I had leftover chopped chicken from making calzones that I wanted to use up. So I did, and the overall results - disappointing. My husband said, "When prepared as directed, this recipe is void of taste." So, we will be sticking to the normal version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. I did, however, find a nice crepe recipe. They came together nicely, made exactly 8 crepes, I love when a recipe does what it says.

Chicken Tikka Masala
original recipe here
We really like this one. I did substitute paprika for the cayenne pepper in the marinade, but added just a dash of cayenne. I also left out the jalapeno in the sauce. The spice was just right. Having never had Chicken Tikka Masala myself, I had to rely on my husband's review of the authenticity. He said that it was pretty close, but he remembered the sauce being a little bit thinner. I didn't want to alter the ratio of the tomato sauce to cream, so next time I think I would thin it with a little chicken stock or broth. I also served this with rice and Naan bread. Next time, I will saute some vegetables to go along with it.
*Update: I think that I'll try this next time. It appears to be the same recipes, only with added veggies in the sauce.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails