Friday, October 17, 2008

Hearty Chili

I got this recipe from my cousin. She made it once, shortly after I was married, and invited us to dinner. My husband said, "Remember that chili...?" So, I had to call and get the recipe.

Hearty Chili
10 oz ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 zucchini, chopped
2 yellow squash, chopped
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15 oz) cans beef broth
celery stalks, sliced, chopped (whatever it is you do to celery)
1 pkt Chili seasoning mix

Brown turkey along with onion and peppers. Drain, if needed. Add all ingredients to soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.

I used this corn bread recipe along with it. It is a yeast bread, so allow time for rising if you decide to try it. We thought it was good, and a nice alternative to the sweet, quick bread version.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails