Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Week's New Recipe Reviews

Quinoa Chili
original recipe here
Well, as I informed my husband that a grain+beans=a complete protein, he asked, "Are you secretly trying to turn me into a vegetarian?" I thought it was "good," but we will not be having it again because the rest of the family did not agree. When I asked my toddler what he thought, he said, "Not good." Very unusual, as his normal reply is, "It's yum," even when he does not like it.

Corn and Potato Chowder
original recipe here
This was a good recipe. It could have used more salt. I was intrigued by the contributor "Dinosaur Bar-B-Que" and the increased amount of vegetables, so I went for it. However, I think that we will stick with our usual Corn Chowder from now on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails