Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Planning

I am starting to pull together ideas for our Thanksgiving dinner. Being from a family that loves food, we tend to try new recipes each year until we find the one that we love! I know some families that eat the same basic, bland stuffing every year - not us! We have made so many different stuffings over the years, it is so fun to sit down to dinner on Thanksgiving.

My dad with one of his turkeys

Here are some of the things I have had my eye on:
Baked Brie with Pepper Jelly
Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Cranberry Pistachio Pesto
Butternut Squash Gratin
If you don't want or need a full turkey, try Bobby's Spice Rubbed Turkey Breast

Rolls:
Our Traditional "Go-To Rolls" (I really need to separate this recipe out, so I can find it easier!)
Parker House Rolls, or Bobby's rolls got rave reviews
Sweet Onion Rolls (I found these a few years ago, I still haven't made them. Maybe, this is my year!)

For dessert, there is one essential pie for our Thanksgiving table - Banana Cream. Years ago, when my grandparents moved to Michigan, they celebrated with families from Church because their family was in Utah. The woman who always made the pies, brought Banana Cream pie every year. Now, it has become a tradition that we cannot go without! I am wondering if I can sneak in this variation this year: Banana Carmel Cream Pie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails