Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spaghetti with Mini Chicken Meatballs

This is the best "spaghetti with meatballs" version I have ever come up with. My husband love spaghetti and meatballs. I really don't make it that often, because it isn't my favorite. Or, perhaps, it is because I like other versions of pasta so much more. Anyway, we have had these meatballs before in their original recipe, and we really liked them. So, when the husband asked for spaghetti and meatballs this is what I put together. {Spaghetti with Mini Chicken Meaballs}
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon whole milk
1 tablespoon ketchup
3/4 cup grated Romano
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 lb ground chicken

Mix together all of the ingredients except chicken. Add the ground chicken and mix through, being careful not to overmix.
Using a melon baller (or a teaspoon measure), form the chicken mixture into 3/4-inch pieces. With damp hands, roll the chicken pieces into mini meatballs.
In a large (14-inch) skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs and cook without moving until brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn the meatballs over and brown the other side, about 2 minutes longer.

Thin spaghetti noodles
spaghetti sauce (or use Giada's, it make a big batch so you can freeze some)

Top cooked spagheti noodles with warmed spaghetti sauce and, then, meatballs. Serve immediately.

My littlest one started pointing to his dinner, when he saw me taking the picture of my plate. So cute! Even better was the fact that he ate 10 meatballs that night. He kept asking for, "More bed." More bread, huh? Whatever works.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails