Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A New Tradition

For two weeks now, my bigger boy and I have gotten up before Dad and the little boy to make breakfast together. It has been a special treat to work together and make something special for everyone. Many people have probably had this sweet "Monkey Bread" before, but I have a couple tricks up my sleeve for cutting down the calories (if that is even possible for Monkey Bread) and making it faster.{Sunday Morning Sweet Bread}
1 can refrigerator biscuits
1/3 pkg butterscotch pudding powder
4 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp water
6 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Take out your bundt pan and spray "lightly." Open the bicuits, cut each biscuit into quarters. Roll each quarter into a ball, and drop in a single layer in the bundt pan. Sprinkle with the butterscotch pudding powder (only 1/3 of a box). Mix together remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Stir until melted and combined. Pour over the bicuits in pan. Bake according to biscuit instructions, maybe a minute or two longer. (I know, very precise.) Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. I make a simple, thin frosting to drizzle over the top.

My big boy loves to roll and squish the dough to form the balls. He is also very good at helping me count measurements for the ingredients.

1 comment:

Melissa Jackson said...

Megan, you are super woman! Are you vacationing and blogging too?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails