Friday, December 12, 2008

Kid Food: Little Chicken Cakes

So, I tried something new with the toddler today and he ate it up! I made little Chicken Cakes for lunch. I loosely based my recipe on one that is in "The Toddler Cookbook" by Annabel Karmel. A fabulous baby/kid food aouther, if you are interested.
So here is my altered recipe . . .
{Little Chicken Cakes}
1 large can chunk chicken, drained and rinsed
2 medium green onions, finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp each buttermilk, ketchup, and mayonnaise
1 C breadcrumbs, divided
up to 2 "spoonfuls" plain yogurt
flour and a splash of milk, for breading
Mix together chicken, onions and condiments. Add about 1/2 C breadcrumbs, and mix. At this point my mixture was a little too dry and crumbly, so I started adding in the yogurt and mixing by hand.
Divide mixture into 5 equal parts, and form into patties about 1/2 inch thick.Put some flour onto a plate, add a splash of milk to a small bowl, and pour remaining breadcrumbs into mixing bowl that is already dirty (save yourself some dishes).Dredge "cakes" in flour, milk, then breadcrumbs. Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, flipping one half way through.Serve as part of a balanced lunch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails