Saturday, September 20, 2008

This Week's New Recipe Reviews

Bean and Cornbread Pie
original recipe here
So, I tried this recipe while my husband was away and I really liked it. My toddler ate it too, with a few minor changes. My fire-roasted tomatoes did not have chilies in them and I omitted the sliced jalapeno. It reheated well for lunch leftovers also. A good recipe for when our daddy is out of town.

Zucchini Bread
original recipe here
I really liked this zucchini bread recipe. And, unless I find a better one, I'll keep using it. I was a little shy on the shredded zucchini I needed for the recipe, so I added shredded carrot (1/4 C) to make up the difference. I also used lime peel instead of lemon peel (it's what I had). and just as a little tip: If using eggs classified as "large", add the one egg the recipe calls for and see how it looks. When I made it, it was obvious that the 1 egg would not come near enough liquid to make a batter. I added an extra egg and it worked out great.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails