Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cranberry-Orange Couscous

I attended a healthy eating class this past Saturday, and I was inspired to add more grains into our diet and cut out a little of the meat. Normally, when I plan my menus, I try to vary what meat I am cooking each night. Now, I am shifting my focus to finding a better balance for my family - great flavor without all the meat for my husband, alternative forms of protein for my children, and more whole grains for everyone.

This recipe was so yummy that I had to make it again at home. It comes together quickly, so it make a great lunch or side dish.{Cranberry-Orange Couscous}
ratio of liquid to couscous should be 2:1
1/2 of your liquid should be orange juice
1/2 water
for every 1/4 C of couscous: 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and slice almonds; 2 Tbsp craisins

Mix the liquids and couscous together. Microwave for minutes. Toast the seeds until the almonds start to color. Fluff the couscous with a fork, mix in seeds, nuts, and crisins. Stir to combine and serve. This can also be stored in the refrigerator and serve cold or room temperature.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails