Monday, July 20, 2009

Shiree's Summer Salsa

Once upon a time, I did not like tomatoes. I know, crazy! This is the recipe that changed my mind. I was a freshman in college and had a women's group supervisor who was a cateror. She would bring food to all of our meetings. And, I fell in love, not just with this recipe but with tomatoes. {Shiree Thurston's Summer Salsa}
1 pkt dry Italian dressing mix
2-3 tomatoes
1-2 avocados
1 can black-eyed peas
1 can corn
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped

Make the Italian dressing according to packet instructions. Seed and chop the tomatoes. Chop the avocado. Drain the peas and corn, and rinse. Mix together tomatoes, avocado, peas, corn and cilantro. Toss gently to combine. Pour Italian dressing over the top, and toss to coat. The amount of dressing really depends on how "wet" you would like your salsa. Be careful not to mix too much or the avocado will start to get smashed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails