Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello, Old Friend

Oh, the memories associated with this snack. Like my roommate, Heidi, who first introduced me to it in college. Or, how we carried it in to football games to snack on. Or, how a pan would last me a week of breakfasts the summer I was engaged. Somewhere along the way, I stopped making it.

That is until I scored 18 boxes of cereal at $0.37/box. My family doesn't eat THAT MUCH cereal, so I am having to get creative. Enter my old friend, the Grape Nuts Carb Bar!

{Grape Nuts Carb Bars}

1 C light corn syrup
1 C sugar
3/4 C peanut butter
4 C Grape Nuts cereal

Mix corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter together in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on high for 1 minutes, stir and repeat. Dump in cereal and stir to coat. Press into a 9x13 baking dish lined with aluminum foil and greased. Cut in 30 bars.

Cal: 150 Carbs: 30g Protein: 3g Fiber: 2g

1 comment:

Harrison Happenings said...

I LOVE these snacks!! You made them for me once and I've been making them ever since. I call them my homemade energy bars...they're super healthy, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails