Sunday, February 24, 2008

Breakfast Pizza

Here is my YUMMY first post! Being pregnant I am easily impressed by food. I found this recipe and had to try it out. We had it for Sunday Brunch.


Breakfast (Fruit) Pizza
from the show Everyday Italian
original recipe here

1 storebought pizza dough (I used Rhodes white bread dough - it was in the freezer)
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 Tablespoons cinnamon-sugar (see recipe below)
2 cups mascarpone cheese
1 Tablespoon heavy cream (I used more like 2 Tbsp)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice (I used 4 Tbsp)
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups mixed berries/fruit in season

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Transfer the pizza dough to the lined baking sheet and brush the dough with the melted butter. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp cinnamon-sugar mixture and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Cool the pizza crust on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, cream, lemon juice and zest. (I also added 2 tsp of granulated sugar at this point to sweeten it a bit more.)
ONCE THE CRUST IS COOLED, spread the cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top with mixed berries/fruit and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar (I skipped this.)
Slice like a pizza and serve.

Cinnamon-Sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon

Stir to combine. Set aside in a small serving bowl.

As a side note: I had a lot of the mascarpone spread leftover. You could probably cut the ingredients for that in half and be fine. But, I have enjoyed eating it as a "not-too-sweet" fruit dip.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails