Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chicken and Cabbage Salad

This was delicous! I had it at a baby shower, then, stopped for the ingredients on the way home. I ate it for lunch over the next few days. Just thinking about it makes me want it again today!{Chinese Chicken Salad}
recipe from Sandi
4oz. Slivered almonds
3T sesame seeds
2T vegetable oil

Sauté these together until lightly toasted.

2cups diced chicken
1med. Head of cabbage, shredded
6-8 scallions, sliced
1/2 lb. Sliced mushrooms

Combine all the above and toss with dressing.

Dressing:
3/4 cup veg.oil
6T rice vinegar
4T sugar
1/2t. pepper

Top with chow mein noodles.

I used a method I learned from my dad for "tossing the salad." You see, Dad, often takes a salad for lunch at work. And, you cannot dress a salad that early in the day. So, he puts all of the salad together in his container. At lunch time, he pours on the dressing, replaces the lid, and shakes it up.


You can, actually, dress this salad ahead of time because the cabbage is so hearty. It will hold up for a while - even a few days in the fridge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails