Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Today I received my first basket of produce from Bountiful Baskets. It was great! We received:
2 bunches of celery, spinach, heads of cauliflower, kabocha squash
1 cantalope
11 bananas
12 plums
6 apples
8 oranges
3 pomegranates
7 pears
My mother and I split 1 traditional basket and still had plenty for each of our families. I am so excited about doing produce this way. It will help us to have more variety in our diets, and have plenty of options for each meal.

And, here is what I am thinking of trying out this week:
Spinach, Bacon and Cheddar Frittata (along with some great spinach salads)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Pomegranates?? I didn't get those darn it! Love all the fruit and veggies though and I may have to try that roasted kabocha squash!

Amber Addams said...

We do Bountiful Baskets out here too and we love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails