Monday, October 19, 2009

Goodbye Sun, Hello Rain

I just returned from vacation in San Diego and Disneyland. And, let's just say that fall has hit the Northwest while I was gone. We had a great time with our family, but really enjoyed the food. I convinced my husband that we had to try out Cafe 222 during our trip. We saw it on an episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Wake-Up Call.
We convinced the whole family to follow us down. And, while they have limited indoor seating, they graciously accomodated our party of 11 and the 8 we sent in on the second shift.
It is a kitschy little cafe with cup and saucer chandeliers and eggs painted on the floor. Those alone entertained my little one while the rest of us finished eating.
Terryl was even kind enough to pose for a picture while we were there.
The menu was great! We got a few orders of the Famous Peanut Butter and Banana Stuffed French Toast, along with various other waffles, eggs and breakfast yummies. I loved the bite I had of the French Toast, but I would have to say the tastiest thing I tasted that morning was my father-in-laws "The Mexican" eggs. Maybe, someday, I can acquire that secret recipe . . .
In other food related travels, my husband loved the bacon burger and onion rings at Hodad's and we all enjoyed authentic mexican food in Old Town San Diego. From there, it was continental breakfast, brown bag lunches and snacks as we ran around Disneyland for the rest of our vacation. And, to be honest, I am excited to be cooking again in the Fall weather of Washington.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails