Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh, September, Where have you gone?

That is about how I feel right now. We entered into a "Biggest Loser" competition with some of our good friends. And there is a monetary prize to help motivate everyone. So, between trying to eat healthily and my husband being gone 11 of the last 14 work days (since Labor Day), cooking for myself and the kids has mostly been made up of two different meals every night.
But, I have discovered some healthier alternatives to some of our favorite meals. Like Egg, Bacon and Tomato Sandwiches.
serves 4

2 beefsteak tomatoes, each sliced into 4 slices
2 tsp dijon or spicy mustard
4 slice swiss cheese
4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked
4 eggs, poached

Preheat the broiler. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet. Spread 4 of the slices with mustard, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top those 4 slices with 1 slice swiss cheese each. Place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, move each of the cheesy tomatoe slices to a separate plate. Top with 1 slice of bacon, 1 of the eggs, and an additional tomato slice. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Riverton Bakers said...

When I looked at that picture I thought it was a big chunk of buffalo mozzarella and I was thinking that doesn't look too healthy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails